Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Proud Dad!



I am a proud father! I have two wonderful sons who are continually complimented to me by other adults. I do blame this mostly on their mother since I was the work-aholic absent dad for way too much of their earlier years. Now, alas, I am even more absent and absolutely hate that I can’t be there for evenings like tonight.

Tonight my son Danny, the consummate musician by any standard, has his school concert performances. He will play in the Wind Ensemble, the Jazz Band, and one of my favorites, a Jazz Combo. The Jazz combo is just a group of students (4-6) who decided they wanted to play together at the concert. They are student directed and a real treat to watch and listen to. This is year 2 of the Combo and they have some turnover from last year as two members graduated, but Danny said to me recently that he wants to keep the combo going as a legacy thing, bring in new talent each semester, and pass the baton as life moves forward.

Thankfully, tonight, Linda will video record the performances and post them on You Tube for me to see, but it’s really not the same as being there. Watching him grow as a performer, from being a bit shy playing his first ever solo, to taking the spotlight and thriving in it has been a source of joy for me. I love you Danny, have fun tonight!!!

No comments: