Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Bet You Thought......

So I am betting those of you who see me on Facebook think today's post will be about my broken window in the truck. Nope, I am done with that for now. Instead, something completely different.

After hearing a hallway conversation a few days ago, I took the opportunity today to approach a woman at work with a specific conversation. I started with, "Did I hear you talking about curling the other day?" It turns out she is captain of a curling team that has some players from work and she recruited me to come be a sub on Friday evenings in their league. If nothing else, this gives me something to go out and do tomorrow night. There is beer, and then there is more beer, and she has two other rookies on her team, so it will all be fun and a learning experience. When in Rome one eats Italian, when in Canada in the winter, one curls or skates or ice fishes. The ice isn't thick enough yet for ice fishing, and the skates hurt my feet, so curling it is. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: