Friday, December 06, 2013

Part Deaux

Whew! That was close, another 75 minutes and I would have broken my streak of a post each day.

I just got home from my second time Curling. Yet again, a great time. I ended up as a spare (read: substitute) on the team playing against the team I played on last time, with folks from work here. Well, I would like to think it isn't me, but the work team won their first match of the season against me/us. Good fun was had by all!

BUT, actually butt.....yes, this time I actually hit a slick spot while sweeping and ended up flat on mine. I will have a bruise on my right cheek, but the pride wasn't even hurt too badly. I felt even better when a sweeper on the opposing team almost did the same thing in the same spot a few minutes later. Most importantly, I did not hit the stone with my broom or feet or head or anything else when I fell, so the shot was still legit.

Now for an evening cup of tea as I wind down from the day and try to get warm.

No comments: