Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Cold and Snow!!!!



Today has been an interesting day. This morning I looked at the weather forecast for today for here in Winnipeg and for back home in Littleton. Littleton prediction was a high of 17F and 1-3 inches of snow. Winnipeg prediction was a high of 18F and up to 4 inches of snow. Hmmmmmmm, these be looking pretty similar. I appreciate the cold so much less now in Colorado, since I am here in Canada, feeling the WIND that comes with the cold. We are predicted to get a high of -10F this Saturday (yes you read correctly, a HIGH of -10F). Any of you folks in Colorado wanna come keep me company in this? Maybe we’ll go for a walk….. How about you big sister of mine with your Southern California weather? If anyone is thinking to themselves, “self, you have money you want to spend on Stu.” WARM stuff is appreciated, I want to make sure I come home with all the appendages I left with still attached. I am looking at true, killed dead, animal hide and fur hats for my dome. A good one can run over $250 Canadian. Maybe a coat and gloves from a snowmobile shop, made for Canadian winter on a sled. And long underwear, the good stuff, to keep my bits toasty.

Dang it looks cold out there, with snow blowing sideways from the North. I think I will detour via the mall on the way home from work, and take my time so as to avoid the rush hour hell of traffic in this weather. I can grab a book and a cup of coffee or tea and wait it out without the frustration of being in it.

Stay warm my friends!

No comments: