Monday, December 02, 2013

Next Trip Home Planned



Alright! I’ve got a plan for my next trip to Colorado (aka Home). Flights are running in the neighborhood of $1400 round trip near the holidays. I’m not comfortable with that neighborhood, so the plan is to drive. I will decide semi-real time if I will do the trip in one or two days each way. One long day coming out here was not pleasant by the end, so I am leaning toward a stopover for food and sleep somewhere along the way, maybe near Omaha on the way home since that will be more than half-way. The plan is to take Friday 21DEC13 off of work here and start the drive at a relatively early time (NOT 2 am like when I came out here). So, with a stop and restart, that would put me back in the house the afternoon or evening of 22DEC13.

I will take a couple extra days of holiday near Christmas since I worked through Thanksgiving here (Boxing Day and the 27th I am thinking). I will work as needed the other days home, and plan a two day drive back 04JAN14 – 05JAN14 to be back at work in Winnipeg Monday 06JAN.

Some important things to happen while I am home. One of the big ones, is getting Danny his driver’s license. He will be right at his year with a permit and well past the 16 years old requirement, since he just turned 17J. I need to spend some quality time with both Danny and Josh, having some fun with them, and need to spend some time with friends while home as well since I did not do that on my previous trip. Other things on the list are get set up with a new doctor and get Rx filled. See what I can do to get the house on the market. Have Christmas with my sons, and celebrate the coming of the New Year. Get an oil change (0W-30) and block heater installed in the truck, maybe two new tires. Just things that have to happen, and have to happen there, not here.

As with any and all plans, these are subject to change with little or no notice. But, there are some priority items herein that will take some pretty large factors to get changed.

No comments: