Saturday, May 03, 2014

The Weekend

The weekend is finally here. The one thing about these trips to Colorado is that the get really really busy and it gets hard to actually get everything in that I should. For example, I haven't set up an appointment, therefore I haven't gone to the Dr since I left for Canada in September/October.

This morning John and I get to babysit the maid service they have hired to come clean the house. This evening, there will be 10 or more of us gathering to feast on finger foods, drink adult beverages and lose at poker, or at least everyone else will be losing at poker   :-).

Then there is Sunday. We will start our outdoor church service at approximately 8:49 with the ceremonial flipping of the peg followed promptly with a white dimpled ball sitting on said peg. Moments later, following a waggle or two, said ball will be forcefully presented to the thin air and made to fly and roll about 250 or more yards in the intended direction. What better way to worship than spending time with family outside in God's beauty, enjoying the sunshine, and chasing the orb around the field.

My God does not take attendance, does not require one to sit silently on uncomfortable seats for hours on end listening to interpretations of a book or to hear someone tell me over and over that I am wrong. Instead, I choose to look for beauty and love and life outside, on the golf course or elsewhere. My beliefs are my own, and since they are my own and personal, I do not need to convince others to change to be more like me. Occasionally I am sure my parents wonder where they went wrong since I do not believe the same as they do. My response is that they did nothing wrong. That somehow, through all the thoughts and ideas thrown at me in various "churches" over the years I learned to think for myself. I will live life here today to the best of my ability.

This is one of those rare moments where Stu shares his beliefs. It does not happen, ever. Why? because it is really none of your damn business, it is personal and mine and I like to keep it that way. Stu Out.

No comments: