Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I'm Back in the Saddle Again...

Ever notice how we could document our lives with short snippets of song? With extra effort we could probably stick to a single genre and make life a musical in the process. Please, let's not though  :-)

As my flock of readers already knows, I am back in Winnipeg. I got out of Colorado just before the snow storm hit this last weekend, whew! I have had more than my fill of  snow, so I was happy to not encounter ANY on my very long drive back here.

It was a GREAT visit to Colorado!! I got to see Danny perform two different nights. I got to help honor the outgoing senior band students and see a few tears flow down faces of parents (that will be me next year). I enjoyed taking both my sons to dinner and a movie, dinner other nights, and a bout of 3 handed hearts. The weather cooperated and I was able to add a little color to my arms and legs during a round of golf one fine Sunday, and I was pleasantly surprised at the seeming quality of my game.

I had a little time to see a few of my friends, but, as expected, there is never enough time to see all of them that I want. I ran into a past coworker and heard some of the horror stories that made me feel much better about having left "that" place and program.

But, now I am back in the Saddle, back in Winnipeg, providing as much value as I can to the company I work for here, and my parent company back home as well. I will say without reservation that I will be truly happy the day I leave here with all my stuff, to never have to live here again. I would say never visit, but work may require some business trips back, but short ones I think I can deal with.

No comments: