Monday, May 05, 2014

THAT was a GOOD Day!!

I can feel it in my sore muscles today, and I am sure John can feel it in the tendonitis thing he has going on, but despite the pains of the aftermath, yesterday playing golf was awesome. My game was fairly solid, considering how long since I last played and how seldom I really do play, I am pretty happy with 5 or 6 pars on the day and only two real bad, blow up in my face, holes.

The day started with an overcast sky (tee time at 0849 hrs) but the sweatshirt was off before teeing off on number 1. We picked up a forth in Jeff, a nice gentleman who put up with our antics and had fun right along with us. Overcast skies and some wind hit us about hole 6 through 8 or 9, then the sun burned through and the wind died off and Oh My, what a day. It was a little slow going with the group in front of us holding us back. We had to wait for them to clear our landing zone on almost every hole before John or I could tee off.

We had the pleasure/displeasure of watching John boom a long drive to the left side rough, then blast an 8 iron to about 14 feet from the pin on a par 5. His eagle put missed by less than an inch for a tap in birdie (ouch, that eagle would have been nice). I was pretty happy being on in 3 and 2 putting for par with that one, considering my errant second shot that ended up pin high but 40 yards left of the green.

The sunscreen did it's job on this Canadian White skin I am wearing, so just a little color on the exposed areas, but no real burn. A few short naps through the afternoon, dinner and then by 9 I was falling asleep watching whatever it was that was on the tube. After nodding off 8 or 10 times I gave up on the fight (not sure why I was fighting it) and then CRASHED into bed.....Ahhhhhh.

THAT was a GOOD Day!!

No comments: