Friday, April 11, 2014

The Masters



It’s gonna be a rough one this weekend. THIS weekend is one of the few that I wish fervently I had a big high definition TV and cable, and Thursday through Sunday off work. I would sit and stare (and nap) my way around Augusta National Golf Course with the best of the best, watching the beauty of the course and the sport. This is one I generally shut out the world and watch, almost every minute of coverage. Often recorded (Th and Fr for sure while at work) so I can pause it and get a break every once in a while, but since commercials are limited, there isn’t much that needs to be fast forwarded through.

I don’t think I can go sit in a bar and watch for 8 hours of coverage without going broke in the process. I am hopeful I can find something more online than the live showing of Amen Corner, but if I can’t I will settle for those holes and monitor the leader board I guess. Oh for my house, my TV, my cable, and time.
My hope is for Rickey Fowler to make a showing, he usually dies out through the weekend at Augusta. For whatever reason I am not sure of, I am not rooting for Spieth or Scott, but in reality I am just rooting for the course and for some golf type drama that brings us to the edge of our seats until the end wondering if player X will pull it off or if player Y will hold them off. But, as always, the beauty of the course helps remind one reason why even us hacks at the game get out and play, and the level of play reminds us how good we really are not and could never truly aspire to be.

No comments: