Monday, April 28, 2014

Efficiency

The contract between the company I work for and the company I do work for is explicit in that I am supposed to be in Winnipeg about 80% of my time, and working remotely for the Canadian company from Colorado the remaining 20%. So I am in Colorado for the next two weeks.

But what does this have to do with the title of this post, you ask? Well dear reader, allow me to get there eventually :-). To ensure there are no proprietary nor ITAR  concerns, my computer is not allowed on the internal network of the company I work for, rather I am on the guest wifi whenever I am here. Using this account, I then remote login to my desktop machine in Winnipeg to do work, while also keeping local items up and running on my laptop in parallel.

So, to efficiency...........finally..........the refresh rate on documents, email etc. is so so so so so slow that what could often be done in a few seconds, take minutes instead as I click and wait, reformat because i clicked too soon and now it's messed up, etc. Top it off with having to beg for work that can be done remotely, makes Stu a far less efficient work machine.

Oh well, it beats being there. I love Colorado and would sure love to not have to go back to Canada, but alas that is where the work really is right now.

No comments: