Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Well?

So today is the first day in the office without Canadian work to do. They have set up a desk for me, in a shared office with my compatriot from Canada who returns in 2 weeks. I hear there is some paperwork I need to fill out before I start work on project X, but have not seen said paperwork yet (as of 12:30). I have worked on my laptop to ensure it is "clean" before putting it on the internal network. Due to ITAR restrictions, since I was taking it to Canada and back, it could not be on that network before now. So, the computer is ready, but no one is available to help me get in, ensure I have the right paths to folders, passwords for the internal wifi, or some hardware so I can string a hardline to my docking port to make it all work. So, I am feeling exceptionally useless, not getting anything done, etc. All at a time when I know money for the company is tight, so having me on overhead charging is not ideal.

Maybe if they would take a little time to treat me like the new employee I essentially am, and get me set up, tell me what I am working on, get me the paperwork, etc. then I could feel useful again. But, instead, everyone is too busy and absorbed in what they are doing that it does not happen. My "boss" who should take ownership of it and get it done, live in CA, so he is never really here to help with this stuff anyway. Grrrrrrrrr..... Frustrating return!!!

No comments: