Thursday, May 20, 2010

Small Pair

Playing Texas Hold-em with friends, holding a small pair will keep you in the game, at least through the flop. Then, depending on the betting and reactions from there, you may choose to continue, fold or raise big. I’ve been holding a pair of 4’s for about 6 months and have chosen to continue through the flop and am raising big on the turn. My good friend J Cas has been running with suited connectors for about a year now and chose throughout the year to continue and to raise big. I have never known him to fold, under any circumstances. This weekend he upgrades to a small pair (4’s), I expect to see him stay the course and raise big whenever appropriate, or when he wants to drive out the competition. We’ve been friends since before either of us held a blackjack and there is rarely a time when we don’t enjoy each other’s company. Life has added new pressures, commitments, etc. so we don’t get to spend nearly as much time together lately as we have in the past, but we’ve gone through this type of phase before and have always found a way back together again. It’s been a GREAT ride with you my friend and brother and we’re not even half way there yet. Have a happy birthday, and whatever you do, keep playing the cards, a pair of 4’s is not as so bad a hand at all. Oh yeah, that other small pair, I’m sure Ginger will lend them back to you for your birthday.

1 comment:

JCAS said...

Thanks my brother! Indeed bluffing my way though this tournament has been my method, with the occasional fullhouse coming through on the river. win or lose, it has always been about the fellow company around the table as far as I am concerned, and manno you are welcomed at my table any and every day!

He's to the next ante...

JCAS