Monday, September 17, 2007

Stu Get's his BMW!!!! WooHoo!!!

A lot of you have already seen it (since only 3 or 4 actually read this blog) but for those who don't know yet, last Friday we picked up my new (used) BMW. Man what a sweet (pun intended) ride. That car corners like it's on rails, hugs the road and goes way to fast way to easy. I'm gonna have to lighten up my foot a bit :-) Below is the test from the add that got us interested and then purchasing the car.

2002 BMW 330xi, Steel gray metallic with gray leather interior. The body and mechanical are all in good shape and has never had a accident or been smoked in. The car has 111k on. The original owner took good care of the vehicle and had it serviced at a local dealer and then a BimmerHaus after the warranty ran out. Then the car badly overheated because of a blown hose and the motor had to be replaced. I found a used motor (65k) and went through the car afterwards. The car also got new tires, brakes, belts, control arm bushings and an alignment. The car had just had a major service right before the engine damage, so it is up to date on everything. All of the coolant hoses, sensors, water pump, t-stat, and radiator were replaced as a good measure. I used to work for the dealer as a BMW Master technician and I work with BMW's every day of the week, so rest assured it was repaired correctly. Power seats and mirrors with memory and adjustable lumbar support Power windows and locks Power moon roof Steering wheel controls for the stereo, cruise control and telephone Harmon Kardon Premium sound system with in dash cd player Winter Package, including headlight washers, heated mirrors, heated leather seats, pass through ski bag and fold down rear seats. Premium package including gray leather interior with real mrytle wood trim and Bi-Xenon headlights. 17 inch alloy wheels. Auto dimming rear view mirror Clear Bra for protecting the hood area Optional Shiftronic Automatic Transmission I have the original window sticker and this car was ...

As most of you know I have been drooling/lusting over a car like this for quite a while, to Linda's deepest consternation, but we found one that scratches my itch and didn't cost an arm and a leg, just an arm. BTW, anyone want to buy a Nissan Maxima?

2 comments:

Tom said...

Congrats Stu!! Glad you got something to blitz C-470 with.

You're the second friend who just replaced an aging Maxima. My buddy Joe just bought a Mazdaspeed6 (turbo 4, 270hp, AWD...the "fast" version of my car).

I guess those Maximas are good for the long haul; I think Joe's has 160k on the clock. Here's hoping the Bimmer treats you right too!

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhhhh! I HATE! HATE mind you!....

ENVY!