Monday, November 03, 2008

I'm Thankful...

It's November, the month of Thanksgiving so I thought I'd go with an early thankful post. What I am most thankful for is that tomorrow is election day. Why am I so thankful for that? I am worn out! The ads, the phone calls, the arguments, the lobbying, the in fighting, the indecision, the nation divided. This election has been the worst one that I can remember, and I can remember them from as far back as when Jimmy Carter was elected (at least that is the first one I really aid any attention to). By far the thing about this election I have truly HATED is how it has made so many people into political racists. Maybe they were already there, but it is really showing all around the TV, news, blogosphere, etc. It seems that the only arguments anyone can come up with these last weeks are why I should not vote for someone because they are ..... and we get it from both sides, it is not party specific. What I would much rather be hearing is why should I vote for McCain and Palin, why should I vote for Obama and Bidin, why should I vote for Nader and whoever the schmo is that is his running mate. So, I am thankful that tomorrow we get to vote (I did already via mail in ballot BTW) and exercise one of the greatest rights we as Americans have, and that the ads are near the end, as are the phone calls. I am NOT looking forward to what I expect will be some major whining and complaining once this election has been decided, there are going to be some people on one side or the other that are VERY unhappy, and I expect I will "get" to hear about it. Happy Election.....Leave the emotions at home and GO VOTE!

1 comment:

Cami said...

I agree. And I expected the outcome to be as it is. The item that surprises me most often is that, when surveyed, blacks voted for Obama BECAUSE he is black. They could not care in the least what his policies are. They say whites are color blind??? There is a majority of dems who think that "Pres. elect-O" is going to fix all their problems, but his policy is not for big government, it is to limit government in most cases. The scariest thing is the national police he wants to put in place. What?!