Monday, December 24, 2007

Are You Kidding Me!?!?

I just read an article on the 9 news website that has me absolutely flabbergasted. Click HERE to read it yourself. A 60 year old man is suing an 8 year old boy for an accident on the ski slopes here in Colorado. Let me say that again, an ACCIDENT on the ski slopes. By purchasing a lift ticket and using it, a person acknowledges that skiing is a dangerous sport, injury may occur, etc. And, yes, by the letter of the law, the kid was a fault, since he was the uphill skier in the event. But suing the boy (or his family) for $75,000 is just one more sign of the state our litigious society has fallen into. I am appalled. I hope the judge fines this man a large sum of money to be placed in a college fund for the kid, just for putting him through this crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.