Sunday, August 19, 2007

Grandma

It is with a torn heart that I take this blog to say goodbye to my Grandma. For those of you who hadn't heard, she passed away on Friday. My Grandma (Helen Jewett) lived a long life full of love and faith and most recently pain as well. She and my Grandpa were together until his passing two and a half years ago. Both of them held dear their deep religious beliefs which helped to shape who I am today. One of the things that Grandma's passing brings is a new phase of life for my parents, who were taking amazing care of both Grandma and Grandpa. It helps us all say goodbye a little easier knowing that they lived with such love a care from both my mom and dad, and that they passed in the midst of that love. As far as both Grandma and Grandpa are concerned, they are both now in a better place and together once again, pain free and with their lord. Goodbye Grandma, I love you.

No comments: